Thursday, July 31, 2008

If You Didnt Know?



Well if you hadn't noticed my little kashlee has a bump on her forehead. No she didn't hit it and I don't beat my kid. When kashlee was about 3 months old one day she had a red dot on her eyebrow. I watched it for a couple of days and decided to take her to the doctor. So I made a appointment and went to see the doctor. Right away he said that it was a hemangeoma. It is when a bunch of blood vessels collect under the skin and causes it to make a bump. We see a ped. plastic surgeon every three months. Hes a really good doctor, and we trust him alot. He said that it should be gone by the time she is 6. Just in time for kindergarten. We have to be really careful with it because she could hit it and bleed really bad. And if she does we go to the ER!!! So it does look like she hit it really bad and that it hurts, But she didn't hit it and it doesn't hurt her at all. But I don't mind talking about it and just ask me any questions, I love talking about something that might help someone else someday.
We think she is the most beautiful baby we have ever seen. Boy do we love her. So also in the process we saw a eye doctor to have her eye checked out and we found out that she is severely far sighted, just like her dad!! So in Oct. she gets to wear eye glasses. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Marlo it is so good to hear your updates. Little Kashlee is so precious and getting so big. Wow I think time is flying by. Can't wait to see her with her cute glasses, little kids always look so CUTE!

Becky said...

She's cute no matter what! The glasses are going to be so stinkin cute. We really need to get together sometime.

Patrice said...

Okay, I had glasses at age 2! Pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

Rachel said...

Hi - I found your site thru friends. Just wanted you to know that I have some really cute glasses that are tiny, they were Chelsey's. I also have a pair that is rubber so babies can lay on them and they don't hurt or move. Also If she bumps her head with those on it won't hurt her. If you want them you can have them. It will save you some money and then just pay for the lenses. One more thing. Lots and lots of babies are born really far sided and they grow out of it. We went thru this with one of the triplets and got glasses and it was a huge pain. One day I was reading someone elses blog and they said their doctor just told them to watch him and by the first year his eyes were completely normal. So I didn't mess with the glasses anymore and my baby is just fine now. Go figure. Anyways, let me know if you want these frames.
Rachel French