Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Prayers and Blessings


This is something I contemplated putting on my blog. But since this is some what my journal here we go. Back a couple of months ago I had some pain in my chest on my left side. I went to the doctor to get it checked out. He suggested that I have a mammogram done. So off I went to embark on a adventure that I thought would happen in about 5 years, not 5 years to soon! Well long story short, the pain on the left side was nothing but, it was on the right side. I met with the radiologist, surgeon, and my gyn. I have a LUMP. Both of my grandmothers have both suffered from breast cancer and I knew that it could happen to me, but not this young. So after two long and the nerve racking months, I had surgery! We got to the hospital and found that the lump had disappeared. But there was fluid and junk left behind. We are waiting for news as to what it is. And yes it can happen again. So thank you for all the prayers and for the blessing from my wonderful husband and dad. I know it made a difference. I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life. If I had not listened to the spirit, who knows what would have happened, I am truly blessed. I am doing fine now, just a little sore and tired. Trying to get back on my feet.

13 comments:

Hawkins Family said...

I am glad everything turned out ok. That is crazy that the lump dissappeared. Hopefully for good!! Thank heavens for the priesthood. We sure are blessed to have worthy husbands who hold it. I hope you are feeling ok. If you need anything holler:)

kristie said...

Didn't expect that! I hope you are feeling better now. Keep us updated on what you find out. We will keep you in our prayers.

Patrice said...

I had no idea! We could have added to the prayers a little sooner. Hey, we have the same blog background. I'll change mine to something Christmassy in December.

Jade said...

I love a happy ending!! So glad for you!! Call me when your up to it!

Welcome said...

Hey Marlo! I found your blog. Too Cute! This is such a fun way to keep up with each other, since we live so far apart and all :) I too am glad all went well. Again, let me know if you need anything. The priesthood is a true blessing.

Marilyn said...

Oh-I heard you were having surgery but I had no idea what was going on-so glad everything turned out ok-so far so good. (grandpa spilled the beans)

Kevin & Sheri Schmidt said...

Wow! What a blessing! We'll keep you in our prayers. Thank you for sharing! Kevin and Sheri

Anonymous said...

We'll keep you in our prayers as well. Was the lump cancerous?

AZ Karen said...

I'm so glad you gave an update about this. I've been wondering how you were doing. I'm so glad to hear that so far,things are looking good.

Drew said...

Glad to hear everything is okay! Even though I had no idea anything was wrong. :-)

Get better!

linda crandall said...

Im glad everything has turned out ok so far...keep us updated.

Tim and Shay said...

Oh wow! That is scary! I'm glad to hear things turned out ok.

jen said...

Oh Marlo I had no idea! I had something similar happen to me last year. Very scary. I'm so glad everything is ok!We missed you at the Christmas party. HOpe you are doing well.